Saturday, November 8, 2014

Waiting with the Masses

I miss Grant VERY much! I got so used to having him around that now everything in the city feels kind of empty. It is going to be a great last month, and I am certainly not ready to return, but I'm also really glad that I only have one more month to go before we get to resume our normal lives. I am thankful that I have such a happy life to return to- the best husband in the world, the cutest puppy ever, wonderful friends, a great family, and a dream job. 

I was super grateful that my friend Andrea emailed to see if I had time to meet on Friday before our bible study. It was really nice to have plans so that I could distract myself from missing Grant. We had a great time talking, and then I had a terrific time at bible study. Side note- I am officially part of the church talent show at the end of the month :)

I was also super grateful to talk with a helpful foreign immigration official Friday morning (he was way too happy for working where he did!). First, I had to wait on the third floor to explain my reason for coming (extension for my visa) and get a ticket. Then, I had to return to the second floor, where I waited with the masses for T079 to be called. It was like a busy day at the DMV times thirty. So many people waiting! Fortunately, the "T" group went fairly quickly. More fortunately, I asked the official if there was any grace room for paying the $140 fee, since I will only exceed my limit by five days. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that I can get an extra ten day extension for free! Hooray for immigration! 


So many people!
I may have watched "Los Pitufos" yesterday when I was missing Grant.
(When I was little, this was our favorite show- my Dad would tuck us in
and tell us Smurf stories before bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment